Militant Demonstration of Workers and Students
On Tuesday, July 23, Unions of University Students and Workers held a militant demonstration in Athens in front of the Greek Parliament to express their opposition to the plans of the Greek Government to attack Public Education and students’ rights.
The Unions stated that even in the middle of summer, if the new Government attempts to forward bills against the rights of Students, it will meet strong response by the organized students and workers’ movements.
The Unions’ demands are:
- Education and Research to be in the service of the society and not of the business groups
- Student Care of high quality
- Permanent staff in Universities for efficient security and sanitation services
- Hiring of Permanent Teaching Staff
- Increase of funding at the level of our needs